DiST’s are rugged and reliable pocket-sized testers that offer quick and accurate readings of conductivity or TDS.
- Dual level display for simultaneous readings
- Easy to use two button operation
- Bright floating water resistant case
- Direct contact temperature probe
- Replaceable graphite electrode snap-in probe
- Removable safety cap
- High range tester for measuring samples such as waste water and boiler water
This tester features an amperometric graphite electrode that provides better repeatability in measurements since they do not oxidize. An amperometric measurement of EC is based on Ohm’s Law, I = V/R where R depends on the distance between two pins and their surface. Oxidation changes both the distance and surface which will affect accuracy. The DiST’s non-oxidizing graphite pins are able to provide an optimal surface for accurate, dependable results.
When calibration is necessary, simply submerge the electrode tip into calibration solution and adjust the trimmer on the side of the tester.
HI 98304 (DiST 4) is supplied with protective cap, screwdriver, batteries and instructions.